A Night at the Awards, A Night to Remember 2020
NASW and the NASW Foundation present A Virtual Celebration of Social Work Excellence. Join us in honoring the recipients of the prestigious NASW and NASW Foundation Awards, recognizing individuals whose work has left an imprint in social work leadership, policy advocacy and social change.
The Time for Social Work Is Now! A Night at the Awards, A Night to Remember will capture inspirational stories of the present and cast a vision for the future. The event is scheduled for Thursday, October 29, 2020, 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. There is no charge, but registration is required. Follow this link to register >>
NASW Social Work Pioneers® 25th Anniversary Celebration 2019
The NASW Social Work Pioneers® hosted its 25th Anniversary Celebration and 15th Annual Program and Luncheon November 1–2, 2019 at the Cosmos Club in Washington, D.C. The event kick-offed with a reception on Friday evening, where guests met the newly-elected Pioneers, network, and reconnected with friends and colleagues. The annual program and luncheon was held from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov 2. Additional information about tickets, speakers, and the three event CEs can be viewed here.
A room block was reserved at the Cosmos Club. For reservations, please call 202-387-7783 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and mention NASW Social Work Pioneers® Event.
Hotels near the Cosmos Club (2121 Massachusetts Avenue, NW)
- Kimpton Carlyle Hotel 731—New Hampshire Avenue N.W.—(202) 234-3200
- Washington Hilton—1919 Connecticut Avenue N.W.—(202) 483-3000
- Courtyard Washington—1600 Rhode Island Avenue N.W.—202-332-9300
- Embassy Row Hotel—2015 Massachusetts Avenue N.W.—(202) 265-1600
- Kimpton Hotel Palomar—2121 P Street N.W.—(202) 448-1800
- Residence Inn Dupont Circle—2120 P Street N.W.—(202) 466-6800
- The Dupont Circle—1500 New Hampshire Avenue N.W.—(202) 483-6000
Cosmos Club Dress Code
- Gentlemen are expected to wear jackets, dress slacks, a collared long-sleeved shirt (tucked-in) or turtleneck at all times. Ties are required only in the Garden Dining Room at Sunday brunch, and at lunch and dinner. Ties are not required anywhere else in the clubhouse.
- Ladies are expected to dress in an equivalent fashion, which means dresses, suits, skirts or dress slacks with jackets or tops of equivalent formality. Leggings or tights, unless worn with skirts, dresses, or long jackets, are not considered to be of equivalent formality.
- Military uniforms and national dress of equivalent formality are also acceptable.
Limited parking available at the Cosmos Club. The Cosmos Club does not accept payment directly from guests. A separate bill for $25 will be sent to you by the NASW Foundation following the event. Parking also is available at the Embassy Row Hotel, next door to Cosmos Club, 2015 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W. More information about parking can be found on the Cosmos Club website.
Nonintrusive cell phone conversations are permissible in the Business Center, Writer’s Room, and any third-floor meeting room not in use. More information about the use of electronic devices can be found on the Cosmos Club website.