Support the NASW Foundation—Help Social Workers Make a Difference!
In this time of uncertainty, and pain, together we rise to meet daily challenges. NASW, and the NASW Foundation, are committed to supporting our members, and the social work profession, as a whole, as we work to reduce the impact and spread of the COVID-19 virus and to ensure social justice for all and an end to racism.
The NASW Foundation mission is three-fold. We serve:
- the profession by honoring and investing in social workers past, current, and future;
- the practitioner by enhancing social workers’ knowledge and skills; and,
- the public by providing information and resources to help individuals, families, and communities.
Since the NASW Foundation was created in 2001, it has raised and invested approximately $40 million on a wide array of programs and activities to fulfill that mission. We need your help to continue our work. Your support will enable us to administer our programs—and strengthen social work leadership across the nation—in 2020:
- Award 54 scholarships, six fellowships and two Fizdale Chapter Research grants totaling $280,000 (this includes $165,000 for 40 BSW/MSW HEALS Scholarships funded through the NASW Foundation and administered by the Council on Social Work Education, as well as the scholarships and fellowships administered by the NASW Foundation).
- Work with the NASW Social Work Pioneers® to select new individuals for induction as Pioneers at the annual Fall luncheon and program (details to be announced in July).
- Help the NASW Chapters to raise funds to support educational, research, training, and scholarship activities at the state and local level.
- Train social workers, with outside grant assistance, to provide services to clients through the NASW / Hartford Supervisory Leaders in Aging, Social Work HEALS—Social Work Healthcare Education and Leadership Scholars, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders and alcohol awareness, among others.
To learn more about all of our programs and activities, please visit the NASW Foundation website.
Your generous donation will help us continue this important work. We encourage you to tell your colleagues, friends, and family why you believe in our work and urge them to support us too. The pandemic has adversely impacted our contributions in 2020, please donate by the end of this fiscal year, June 30! Please donate here today!
We are deeply grateful for your support and friendship, and hope you and your family stay safe and healthy.
The NASW Foundation Team
*2019 Social Work HEALS Scholars learning leadership and advocacy skills pictured above.